Summer vacation will be just around the corner and hopefully this is the year you’ll finally take that cruise or travel abroad. One of the first things you need to do before booking that trip is to secure your U.S Passport, if you don’t already have one. Many airlines ask for your passport number when booking overseas. If you do have one, and it’s expired, then it’s time to get it renewed before the summer rush.
Fortunately for Coral Springs residents, there’s an easy place to get this taken care of – right here at City Hall in the Mall in Coral Square Mall. Opened in 1995 as a satellite City Hall, City Hall in the Mall is a one-stop shop that brings Coral Springs government to the people, and one of the conveniences is their partnership with the U.S. Department of State, Passport Division.
Even if you are considering taking a cruise, most cruise lines recommend having a passport. Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens taking cruises that begin and end in the same or a different U.S. port, traveling with a passport may help to expedite your Customs and Border Patrol clearance upon return to the U.S. Additionally, passports are required in the event you need to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port should you miss your scheduled port of embarkation, or need to fly back to the U.S. for emergency reasons.
Passports for adults are good for 10 years and children for only five years. Staff at City Hall in the Mall will even take Passport Photos for $10 and they actually turn out pretty good.
Passport Service Hours at City Hall in the Mall
9239 W. Atlantic Blvd. • 954-344-1828
(at the intersection of University Drive and Atlantic Blvd.)
Monday to Friday • 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday • 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
No Appointment Necessary
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December