By Jill Fox
Coral Springs Panthers Youth Softball is preparing for their upcoming season, and their new coach is no stranger to the team.
Head coach and Coral Springs native, Kayla Boyle, spent 16 years playing softball, including four years with the Panthers from age 8 to 12.
Before her return to Coral Springs, Boyle, 23, was most recently a volunteer assistant softball coach at the University of South Carolina Beaufort. She also played Varsity Softball at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, helping lead them to their first-ever state finals.
With tryouts for the 12U team approaching on July 25, Boyle said she is looking forward to teaching the young girls as much knowledge as she can from her experience.
This travel softball team is open to 12-year-old girls born in either 2008 or 2009 who have the right attitude and are ready to learn.
Boyle said the team is looking for motivated, talented, coachable players who love the game and want to help continue the Panthers’ success and tradition of playing competitive softball while learning and growing as players.
Before fall tryouts, Boyle has two open workout sessions planned for interested athletes on Saturday, July 18, at 9:30 a.m. and Wednesday, July 22, at 6:00 p.m. at Cypress Park in Coral Springs. At the open workouts, team coaches will teach players fundamental skills and observe them.
Tryouts will be held on Saturday, July 25, at 9:30 a.m. at the same location.
In addition to wearing face masks and requiring social distancing on and off the field, the Panthers are following all specified guidelines and implementing several measures to help protect players, coaches, and their family members from COVID-19.
Parents with any questions should contact Kayla at [email protected] or 954-775-7777.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked on the public relations side as well as the television side of marketing for NBC Universal. A true Floridian, Fox grew up in Ormond Beach and earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Advertising from the University of Miami. During college, Fox enjoyed working at Walt Disney World. She loves living in Parkland with her husband, Brian and their two children, Madden, 10 and Randi, 7.
- News2021.02.27Chris Hixon Memorial Run Raises $40,000 For Student-Athlete Scholarships
- Events2021.02.27Preparations Underway For Annual ‘Egg My Lawn’ Event Honoring Gina Montalto
- News2021.02.22Hair Color In Only 30 Minutes: Coral Springs Salon Moves In the ‘Root’ Direction
- News2021.02.15Oldest Publix In Coral Springs Closed for Remodel