By Jill Fox
Coral Springs Panthers Youth Softball is preparing for their upcoming season, and their new coach is no stranger to the team.
Head coach and Coral Springs native, Kayla Boyle, spent 16 years playing softball, including four years with the Panthers from age 8 to 12.
Before her return to Coral Springs, Boyle, 23, was most recently a volunteer assistant softball coach at the University of South Carolina Beaufort. She also played Varsity Softball at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, helping lead them to their first-ever state finals.
With tryouts for the 12U team approaching on July 25, Boyle said she is looking forward to teaching the young girls as much knowledge as she can from her experience.
This travel softball team is open to 12-year-old girls born in either 2008 or 2009 who have the right attitude and are ready to learn.
Boyle said the team is looking for motivated, talented, coachable players who love the game and want to help continue the Panthers’ success and tradition of playing competitive softball while learning and growing as players.
Before fall tryouts, Boyle has two open workout sessions planned for interested athletes on Saturday, July 18, at 9:30 a.m. and Wednesday, July 22, at 6:00 p.m. at Cypress Park in Coral Springs. At the open workouts, team coaches will teach players fundamental skills and observe them.
Tryouts will be held on Saturday, July 25, at 9:30 a.m. at the same location.
In addition to wearing face masks and requiring social distancing on and off the field, the Panthers are following all specified guidelines and implementing several measures to help protect players, coaches, and their family members from COVID-19.
Parents with any questions should contact Kayla at Kaylaboyle97@gmail.com or 954-775-7777.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.06.22Mixed-Use Project Proposed for Former Heron Bay Golf Club
- Events2021.06.14Mah Jongg Players Meet For Summer Fun At Family Bagels in Coral Springs
- News2021.06.01Coral Springs Craft Guild Awards 3 Scholarships to High School Seniors
- News2021.05.27Office Evolution Brings Safe, Affordable, Inspired Workplace to Coral Springs