By: Sharon Aron Baron
Kids can beat the heat this summer at the newly renovated Parkland Splash Park that’s set to open any day now.
Located inside of Liberty Park, the new Parkland Splash Park replaces the former water play area built in 1997. According to City Spokesperson Todd DeAngelis, new features include a “freedom boat” complete with a patriot and an eagle, a silo with four showers, a palm tree shower and two water cannons. The Parkland Splash Park also reclaims all the water through two drains and pumps it through a sophisticated filtration system then recycles it.
Residents will be thrilled with the cost to use the park.
“There is no fee for the use of the park,” said Parkland Mayor Michael Udine. “We are awaiting some final health approvals and we are excited to get this open.”
Liberty Park is located at 9200 Ranch Rd, Parkland, FL 33067, near Barkland Dog Park.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.28Clear Space by Disposing Your Hazardous Waste March 6
- News2021.02.27Arson, Burglary, and Battery, This Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26FOUND: Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home