By: Sharon Aron Baron
The 2015 Family Fun Day and Car Show held alongside of the Green Market on Saturday was even bigger than last year’s with crowds drawn to the great weather and a fantastic day out on the town.
Once held at the Sportsplex, the event was once a car club and even charged admission, but switched over to a family fun day, and with it a new venue to the new “downtown” area which brought many more families out to enjoy the fun.
“I thought it went great.” said Vice Mayor Larry Vignola who heads up the Youth and Family Committee. “I think the residents were happy. The weather couldn’t have been better – you couldn’t have asked for a better day in Coral Springs.”
Besides the beautiful classic cars and Green Market, there were Star Wars characters, a Pinewood derby race by Cub Scout Pack 246, School of Rock performing music, bounce houses, Coral Springs Police giving away swag bags, food trucks and so much more.
This year, huge culvert pipes were set up that will be installed under the new Artwalk on NW 31st Court and children as well as adults were given artistic license to paint whatever they wished on them.
Vignola wanted to thank Nedra Lyon with Parks and Recreation for all of her hard work on the event. Lyon was responsible for securing all of the vendors, food trucks and entertainment. “She worked hard, and got things set up. She really does a great job,” said Vignola.
With the new construction of the City Hall, Vignola said that this may be the last year the event is downtown for awhile. Look for it next year, possibly back at the Sportsplex until construction is finished.
You can catch the Green Market which runs every Saturday year-round from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m in Downtown Coral Springs 9530 W. Sample Rd.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.01.17Parkland Couple Builds Facebook Community for COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- News2021.01.17Dr. John W. Ruffin Posthumously Named Martin Luther King Jr Monument Award Winner
- News2021.01.16Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Applications Open to 5 High Schools
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments