By: Chris Brunner
A group of junior tennis players representing the Tennis Center of Coral Springs/Cypress Park travelled to the Lighthouse Point Tennis Center on Saturday, January 30, to compete in a junior team tennis match.
Nine players ranging from ages 7-15 played singles and doubles sets against their opponents from 2-4pm. Players participating included Allyson Gates, Jocelyn Gomez, Leo Lorea, Tristan Dion, David Tang, Breah Campbell, Chana Bollompally, Amber Brocki and Lani Edwards.
All of the matches were very competitive, with many of the Cypress Park students playing against opponents that were 2-3 years older. Some of the stand out performers were Jocelyn Gomez, who won 2 singles and 1 doubles set. Lani Edwards won both sets of singles, while Tristan Dion and Leo Lorea paired up to win their doubles, and followed it up with each winning a singles set.
The tennis programs at the Tennis Center and Cypress Park include a playing component for their students once a month whenever possible. These include team matches against other clubs for the more advanced students, as well as play days on Saturdays for the newer students. The next event will be a Parent/Child tournament on Saturday, February 20.
For more information regarding tennis programs, please call 954-344-1840.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed