By Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Police Department announced on Monday it received national re-accreditation for both law enforcement and dispatch services through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement (CALEA).
The process, which involved several months of interviews with staff and a review of police and dispatch policies, was brought forward in a virtual accreditation hearing.
After the review and presentation of findings, the accreditation panel unanimously voted to approve the department for re-accreditation. This is the 10th accreditation for law enforcement and 5th time for dispatch.
CALEA is the most nationally recognized and stringent accrediting body for law enforcement in the United States. The purpose and importance of these accreditation programs are to improve the delivery of public safety services, maintaining standards, strengthen crime prevention, increasing community support, establishing non-discriminatory personnel practices, and to formalize management procedures.
Chief Clyde Parry said the outstanding achievement was made possible thanks to the hard work of their Accreditation Team, Sgt. David Kirkland, Communications Center Manager Kathy Liriano, Dispatch Supervisor Patrick Thurman and Accreditation Coordinator Miriam Simon.
“Collectively, the department demonstrated that we live up to the standards we espouse. I know that I am very fortunate to be the Chief of Police for this department, and I truly appreciate every member of our team.”
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- News2021.06.13Independence Day Celebrations are Back with Live Music and Spectacular Fireworks Show
- Events2021.06.10Veterans Coalition Holds Annual Flag Day Ceremony in Coral Springs