By: Sharon Aron Baron
We will persevere through these trying times Marjory Stoneman Douglas Principal Ty Thompson said in a heartfelt video message after 17 students and teachers were killed by a shooter at the Parkland school on Wednesday.
He thanked students and the staff for following procedural protocols. “I truly, truly believe lives were saved due to those protocols.”
Thompson thanked the first responders and the local, state, and federal authorities.
“We’ve gotten such an outcry of support worldwide via email and social media and I thank you on behalf of the whole Stoneman Douglas community.”
He said that he’s received many media inquiries but right now his number one job is to be here for his staff, his students and his community in this time of need.
They lost 17 lives on Valentine’s Day and he wants to take the love that they lost and spread it over the days, weeks, months and years.
“I promise you, I will hug each and every one of you as many times as you need, and I will hold you as long as you need me to, and we will get through this together.”
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs