By: Sharon Aron Baron
Parkland resident Alaina Petty, was 14 years-old when her life was taken by gunman. Petty was involved in the school’s JROTC program and spent countless hours volunteering for the ‘Helping Hands’ program of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Alaina was part of hundreds of volunteers that rushed to the most heavily impacted areas of Florida to clean up and help rebuild the lives of those devastated by Hurricane Irma. Her parents Ryan and Kelly Petty, together with their children, have expressed great love and appreciation for all those who have reached out with care and concern for their family during this difficult time.
They invite those in the community, law enforcement, classmates, teachers, and their church family to attend the services to honor and celebrate Alaina and share their confidence of an eternal reunion with her someday.
They are grateful for the space they have been given by the media and trust that they will continue to honor their requests for privacy as they find a balance between their grief and their desire to have Alaina’s story told.
The funeral service will be held on Monday, February 19, 2018 at 11 a.m. at the The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 10148 NW 31st St, Coral Springs.
Reporters are respectfully invited to remain outside the building during the service. Parking for media vehicles will be reserved in the southeast corner of the church parking lot. Upon arrival, check in at the church, by the doors on the south side of the building.
The family requests privacy at the burial with no media in the vicinity of the graveside services.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Hopes for a Little Holiday Magic with Home Decor Contest
- News2020.11.28Coral Springs Holds Virtual Tree-Lighting Ceremony