Both Karen Jones and Commissioner Larry Vignola are running for the district 3 seat November 8 in Coral Springs.
By: Sharon Aron Baron
Coral Springs residents are invited to attend the Candidate Forum to not only ask the candidates questions but to discuss the constitutional amendments and the Penny Tax referendum that will be on the ballot November 8.
Sponsored the the League of Women Voters of Broward County and supported by the Coral Springs Customer Involved Government Committee, this event will be held on Monday, October 10, at the Northwest Regional Library from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
On the November ballot in Coral Springs are Karen Jones and Commissioner Larry Vignola. Jones is a newcomer who is involved with the Agency for Persons with Disabilities Family Care Council and Joe DiMaggio’s Patient and Family Advisory Council. She is interested in improving the condition of the parks in the city. Vignola has been a Coral Springs commissioner since 2010 and Chair for the Coral Springs Financial Advisory Committee, as well as the Youth and Family Committee, Sports Coalition, Principal Education Committee, and Teen Political Forum. He also serves as the city liaison to the Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization, and he is a member of the Coral Springs Charter School Board and the Coral Springs Chamber of Commerce.
Mayor Skip Campbell and Commissioner Joy Carter won both their seats uncontested.
Bring family and friends and meet, greet and listen to what they bring to the table. The Northwest Regional Library is located at 3151 N. University Dr., Coral Springs.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.29Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.29Popular ‘Bethlehem Revisited’ Event Canceled Due to Covid-19
- News2020.11.28Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution December 1
- News2020.11.28Drop Off Hazardous Materials at 2 Different Dates and Locations in December