By: Sharon Aron Baron
While many Americans were celebrating loved ones returning home in the prisoner exchange with Iran last month, the Levinson family of Coral Springs still had no answers about his fate from the government.
“We are happy for the other families. But once again, Bob Levinson has been left behind. We are devastated,” said the family in a statement.
Robert “Bob” Levinson, who was 59 at the time, was a former FBI agent who became a private investigator. He disappeared on March 9, 2007 on the Iranian island of Kish while working for the CIA. The last proof of life was in 2010 when the family received a video, and later pictures of him shackled and dressed in an orange jumpsuit.
To help raise awareness for Levinson, who is the longest held prisoner in Iran, a rally will be held at the Center for the Arts on Saturday, March 5, at 2 p.m. where U.S. Congressman Ted Deutch will speak.
Deutch told WPTV that he’s spoken with the Levinson family, the president’s chief of staff, and other administration leaders about including Levinson in any discussions or negotiations with Iran.
“Now is the time, now that these other Americans are coming home, the world can focus on his plight and this poor family’s plight, to do everything we can to bring him home,” he said.
“I want to thank everyone in Coral Springs and all over the country who are supporting our family’s efforts to raise awareness about Bob’s case,” said his wife Christine, who along with her children have worked tirelessly for answers. “We will never give up until he is back home in this community that he loves.”
Coral Springs Center for the Arts is located at 2855 Coral Springs Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33065.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video
- News2020.09.14City of Coral Springs Hosts Plasma and Blood Drive
- News2020.09.14Service Hours Offered for Students at Chabad of Coral Springs Free Food Distribution
- News2020.09.13Battery, Burglary, and Baker Acts, Reported by Coral Springs Police