By: Sharon Aron Baron
Learn about Broward County government from an insider’s point of view by applying to be in the the next Broward County Academy class. The Academy is a community education outreach series that provides participants with a unique opportunity to learn about County government and the services it provides to enhance and promote quality of life for residents, businesses and visitors.
The 2016 Academy sessions will be held on ten consecutive Thursdays from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. beginning September 8 and concluding with graduation ceremonies on November 10. The goal of the program is to increase resident involvement in local government, improve communication with the community, inform the community on the role, structure and complexity of County government, encourage community participation in volunteer opportunities, and build potential community leaders. Classroom lectures will be combined with behind-the-scenes tours and interactive experiences.
Applicants must be age 18 or older and reside in Broward County. The 2016 class will be limited to 30 students. There is no registration fee or cost to participants. Applicants must provide their own transportation and are expected to participate in all sessions. A background check is also required for applicants selected for participation.
The deadline for applying is August 5, 2016. Coral Springs residents are urged to apply.
Applications for the Broward County Academy are available here, by e-mailing [email protected], or by calling the Broward County Office of Public Communications at 954-357-6990.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.03.03School Duel Features Coral Glades High School in Quiz Show
- News2021.03.03Chamber Educates Business Community with 1st Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Summit
- News2021.03.02Broward League of Cities Offering Scholarships to 2021 High School Seniors
- Events2021.03.02RSVP for Multi-Chamber ‘International Women’s Day’ Panel and Brunch