By Claire Cornish
Rusty was abandoned at a local boat ramp along with two other dogs; although very little is known about his former life or family, it seems that this handsome Catahoula Hound/mix had been fending for himself for quite some time.
Underweight, he was starved of both food and love but desperately wanted as much of both as he could soak up.
Rusty loves food. Any food. During his first week in his foster home, Rusty enjoyed new foods, excitedly exploring uncooked potatoes and vegetable peelings. After discovering kibble, treats, and a large helping of Sunday pot roast, he decided that this was more pleasing to his hungry palate.
Rusty is a friendly boy fostered with three other dogs of varying sizes and energy levels and friendly with the cat. He also lives with younger kids and enjoys their company immensely. He likes riding in the car and playing and is very affectionate, bonding very quickly. An incredibly loyal fellow, Rusty would make an outstanding best friend.
Although he doesn’t like having his picture taken when he is not in front of a camera, his smile is wide and frequent.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2021.09.19Rescued After His Owner Abandoned Him, Rusty Loves Dogs, Cats and Children
- News2021.09.07Despite Being Kept in a Backyard Cage for Most of his Life, Ryan is an Affectionate Dog
- News2021.08.23Felix is a Big-Hearted Small Dog Waiting for a Forever Home
- News2021.07.05Left at Shelter this Super-Sweet Puppy Needs TLC