By Claire Cornish
Ryan is not what you might call a turn-key, cookie-cutter dog. In fact, his life has been the opposite of everything a dog hopes for when they are a puppy.
When the world seems full of hope and adventure and promise, Ryan was kept in a cage in the backyard for most of his life, with caged dogs on each side of him.
Despite the lack of kindness or basic human contact, Ryan developed an affection for people, bonding deeply and showing that he has a strong loyalty to men and women alike.
He is shy because the world he has known has been terrifying, but he visibly relaxes in a calm, peaceful environment. Ryan loves stuffed toys, snuggling on blankets, and enjoying some time in the sunshine. If ha made one, Ryan’s wishlist would include treats, being allowed on the couch, and a home where he can be your only pet.
Ryan has been at the shelter since 2020 and has waited patiently for his forever family to find him; if you think this could be you, please email email@example.com or visit Ryan at Broward County Animal Care, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale.
He is a hidden gem of a dog and will repay your faith in him with a lifetime of love and gentle licks.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2021.09.19Rescued After His Owner Abandoned Him, Rusty Loves Dogs, Cats and Children
- News2021.09.07Despite Being Kept in a Backyard Cage for Most of his Life, Ryan is an Affectionate Dog
- News2021.08.23Felix is a Big-Hearted Small Dog Waiting for a Forever Home
- News2021.07.05Left at Shelter this Super-Sweet Puppy Needs TLC