By Claire Cornish
To look at this healthy, well-adjusted pup today, it is almost impossible to imagine that his life was ever anything but lovely. But, in fact, the opposite is true.
When Radar arrived at the shelter, he was dangerously ill with an abscess the size of an over-ripe mango on one side of his groin and a hole the length of an index finger on the other.
It’s believed that he somehow impaled himself on a fence post while running away from something; although he must have been in excruciating pain, his tail still wagged, and he still gave little kisses to the humans who showed him even the smallest amount of kindness.
Radar understands kindness very well because he does not seem to have received any for most of his life.
Slowly, thanks to the love and care of his foster mom, he has regained his health and fitness, and he has also learned how to be a loved companion animal. For a long, while he did not know how to receive a hug or a cuddle, he would put his chin on his foster mother’s lap and point his backside towards the sky until he realized that lying down completely with his head across her knees was actually far more comfortable.
He has discovered the joy of the gentle pet, the happiness of a good ear scratch, and although he can still be a finicky eater sometimes, he has also discovered unbridled enthusiasm for treats.
Radar is ready for his forever home. He is friendly, obedient, and very smart. He has done well with a cat and likes greeting other dogs during a walk or an adventure outside. If you would like to make this exceptional little boy your, please contact his rescue firstname.lastname@example.org at Popo Pitbulls.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- NewsMarch 5, 2023Meet Rufus: The One-Year-Old Husky Who Learns Commands at Lightning Speed
- NewsJuly 7, 2022Dog of the Week: Once in a Hoarding Situation, this Puppy is Loyal and Friendly
- NewsJune 26, 2022Dog of the Week: This Puppy Was Living in a Crate Before He Was Rescued
- NewsSeptember 19, 2021Rescued After His Owner Abandoned Him, Rusty Loves Dogs, Cats and Children