By: Sharon Aron Baron
Many residents are actively sharing their opinions on social media about the future of the city; however, those exchanges soon get lost inside the internet abyss. Now is their chance to make those recommendations in person.
The City of Coral Springs Economic Development Office (EDO) is working to develop the strategic plan and this second phase requires community participation to create the city’s short-term and long-term initiatives, meant to stimulate and support economic growth in Coral Springs.
Join them for a conversation about the city’s economic development and offer input on Thursday, August 29 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at City Hall located at 9500 West Sample Road.
This interactive event will provide participants an opportunity to learn more about EDO, the Coral Springs Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA), Downtown Development and services provided by the City.
Residents and businesses will have an opportunity to offer feedback about what tools, programs, and partnerships the city can use to accomplish its economic development goals.
Residents and businesses who are unable to attend the event, but would like to provide valuable input can participate in three surveys:
- Community Feasibility (retail and entertainment demand and community support);
- Quality of Place (why live or work in Coral Springs)
- Urban Planner for a Day (an opportunity to imagine how residents would invest $10 million in downtown development).
No registration is required to attend the conversation, and light refreshments will be served.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.03.08Just Announced: City Hosts Free ‘Hoppin’ into Springs’ Egg Hunt
- News2021.03.08Leadership Broward Launches ‘Follow the Leader in You’ Program for 8th-Grade Students
- News2021.03.08Check Out Open Play Chess in Coral Springs on March 10
- News2021.03.08Coral Springs Expands Recycling Options with New Mullins Park Location