Stoneman Douglas Band wants you to donate your gently used or new shoes and provide kids and families in South Florida with a basic necessity that most people take for granted. They’re partnering with In Jacob’s Shoes and All County Music to donate 2,000 pairs of shows for Give Back Day 2015.
The Jacob S. Zweig Foundation was formed in honor of the life of Jacob S. Zweig, a student atNorth Broward Preparatory School who was tragically killed at the age of seventeen on November 15, 2008. In his short life, Jacob touched and inspired so many people. His friendships spanned the globe. The Foundation, In Jacob’s Shoes, honors the love and encouragement Jacob gave to all who knew him and will strive to continue Jacob’s way of making a difference in the lives of others.
Donations will be accepted Tuesday, September 8th and Thursday, September 10th from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. during band rehearsals at Stoneman Douglas High School. Come see the band prepare for competition season and Give Back to the community by donating shoes from your closet. Donations can also be brought to Pop’s and Pies on Friday, September 11th.
On Saturday, September 12, 2015 the Eagle Regiment will hold its Give Back Day event in the school cafeteria, where the whole band will clean and recondition donated shoes to prepare them for distribution to families in need.
Parent volunteers are needed on September 12th. Please email Meryl Guerrero at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available anytime between 8 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School is located at 5901 Pine Island Rd, Parkland.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event