A 14-year-old Sunrise boy was struck and killed while riding his skateboard in Tamarac late Saturday night.
According to investigators, a southbound Honda Accord on Pine Island Road, driven by William Corsover, 68, of Coral Springs, was turning onto westbound McNab Road in Tamarac shortly before 10 p.m. 14-year-old Brandon Campbell was crossing Pine Island Road on his skateboard in or near the crosswalk at that time and was struck by Corsover. Corsover stated he did not see anyone but when he realized he struck something, he immediately turned his vehicle around and returned to the scene to see what he hit. He remained on the scene and was cooperative with detectives.
Tamarac Fire Rescue transported Campbell to North Broward Medical Center where he died shortly after arrival. BSO Traffic Homicide Unit detectives conducted an on-scene investigation until early Sunday morning. Westbound McNab road remained closed until 12:30 a.m. and eastbound traffic was diverted around the crash scene until it was cleared.
Detectives are looking for additional witnesses to the crash. Anyone with information should call BSO Traffic Homicide Unit Detective Anthony Morales at 954-321-4840. The investigation is ongoing and charges, if any, will be pending completion of the crash investigation.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses
- News2020.09.17VIDEO: Coral Springs Police Respond to Alleged Rough Arrest Video