By Sharon Aron Baron
High school students have an opportunity to showcase their news writing skills before college through an internship at Talk Media.
Since 2018, Talk Media has welcomed high school and college students to write relevant stories about their local school and its students.
Former intern Matt Rothman believes the two greatest parts about his experience were getting the experience working for the three publications: Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
“I was able to write about topics I enjoy and use what I was learning in school to better my writing,” he said. “It has helped me build connections with people that I still use today.”
Rothman continues writing sports for Talk Media while pursuing his master’s degree in Journalism from the University of Florida.
Student interns can earn service hours for their published school-related work. Articles generate 400,000 – 500,000 monthly hits and read, not only in South Florida but around the world.
Talk Media has provided original news, sports, and political coverage for Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Parkland, Florida since 2011 and are first-place winners of the Florida Press Club’s Online Independent Website in 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway
- News2022.01.17Free Food Distribution Held on Jan. 19 at Chabad of Coral Springs
- Events2022.01.16Winner Chosen for 4 Free Tickets to ‘World’s Largest Bounce House’
- Crime & Safety2022.01.14Coral Springs-Parkland Firefighter Who Battled Cancer Laid to Rest