By: Matt Rothman
This was the team’s first District Championship since 2008, and the Trojans will now advance to Regionals following their win over Western High School on Thursday.
“District Championships are all special. The last time one was in 2008 under Coach Stein who wore number 19,” said Head Coach Joe Giummule. “The final score was 1-9. This season has been dedicated to him.”
Early in the game, JPT put a six-spot in the first inning and hardly looked back. They added a run in the fourth and a pair in the fifth to earn their 17th win of the season.
Offensively, both Chris Scinta and Edgar Marquez had a pair of RBI’s. E.J. Burns, Vincent Samuel, and Ronald Martinez all had one, while Dalton Juden and Colby Lipovsky threw three innings on the mound. Brandon Metiver pitched one inning and struck out one.
Up next, the Trojans will play Hialeah Gardens High School in the Regional Quarterfinals on Thursday, May 6 at 7 p.m.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013