By: Matt Rothman
There were very few teams in Florida affected by the COVID-19 pandemic more than the Coral Springs High School baseball team.
The Colts managed to have seven games postponed this year but still had a winning season with an 8-5 record.
Coral Springs defeated Blanche Ely, Pompano Beach, Hollywood Hills, Deerfield Beach, and Dillard High School to start the year 5-0. Then defeated Boyd H. Anderson and Plantation High School before they picked up their first playoff win over Spanish River Community High School.
The trio of Tyler Federman, Jordan Brown, and Alex Christians drove 19 runs while Christmas had two wins on the mound along with Hunter Stolov.
Ross Lazar also three terrific this season and had an ERA under .150. Christian Perez led the team with 13 RBI’s.
Along with the three seniors, Ian Pearson, who threw a no-hitter this season, is also set to graduate while the Colts will return 13 players to the team for 2022.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.07.21J.P. Taravella’s All-County Outfielder Luis Rodriguez Makes His College Choice
- News2021.07.19Coral Springs Girls Travel Basketball Team Ranks Number 1 in the State
- News2021.07.16Coral Springs Native Caleb Roberts Selected in 5th Round of MLB Draft
- News2021.07.16J.P. Taravella Grad Jack Sinclair Drafted in 16th Round of MLB Draft