By: Matt Rothman
There were very few teams in Florida affected by the COVID-19 pandemic more than the Coral Springs High School baseball team.
The Colts managed to have seven games postponed this year but still had a winning season with an 8-5 record.
Coral Springs defeated Blanche Ely, Pompano Beach, Hollywood Hills, Deerfield Beach, and Dillard High School to start the year 5-0. Then defeated Boyd H. Anderson and Plantation High School before they picked up their first playoff win over Spanish River Community High School.
The trio of Tyler Federman, Jordan Brown, and Alex Christians drove 19 runs while Christmas had two wins on the mound along with Hunter Stolov.
Ross Lazar also three terrific this season and had an ERA under .150. Christian Perez led the team with 13 RBI’s.
Along with the three seniors, Ian Pearson, who threw a no-hitter this season, is also set to graduate while the Colts will return 13 players to the team for 2022.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.10.24Former Coral Glades Kicker Colton Eisenberg Ready For College Opportunity
- News2021.10.23Coral Springs High School Cheerleading Team Honored on Senior Night of Football Game
- News2021.10.23Coral Springs Charter Football Game Ends in Tie Due to Lack of Lighting
- News2021.10.23Coral Glades Football Silences Critics With Important Win Friday Night