By: Chris Brunner
The Tennis Center of Coral Springs hosted a Valentine’s Day mixed doubles tennis round robin on February 13, where 18 couples were divided into two groups, rotating opponents after four games. Following two hours of spirited play, a buffet dinner was served by Chef Steve at the Tennis Center. Beer and wine were also available.
The top scorers in the first group were Rocio and Jorge Castro, followed by Sherrie and Dan Carter, and Cindy and Ed Longman. The second group high score went to Irina and Dimitri Daiter, followed by Nina Eisenfeld and George Jenkins, and then Lisa and Bruce Pagano.
The next round robin event at the Tennis Center will be in celebration of St. Patrick’s Day. There will be a women’s doubles round robin on Tuesday, March 17 at 10 a.m. This event will also be followed by a buffet lunch accompanied by green beer and Irish whiskey.
For more information or to register, contact the Tennis Center at 954-344-1840.
- Chris has been a contributing writer at Tamarac Talk and Coral Springs Talk since high school. He is a resident of Coral Springs and is currently attending college.
- News2020.04.16Museum of Discovery and Science Now Partners with Broward County Public Schools
- News2020.04.06Nominate a Healthcare, First Responders & Unsung Community Hero for a 2020 Hyundai Sonata Giveaway
- News2019.09.25Grudges Settled in the Ring at Coastal Championship Wrestling in Coral Springs
- News2019.09.23Coral Springs Police Hold Shredathon where Items will be Safely Destroyed