By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Coral Springs Center for the Arts has announced the legendary band The Beach Boys will appear in concert in February 2020.
The Beach Boys have become synonymous with the California lifestyle and have become an American icon to fans around the world. As they mark more than a half-century of making music, the group continues to ride the crest of a wave unmatched in America’s musical history.
Since lead-singer man Mike Love penned the lyrics to The Beach Boys’ first hit, Surfin’ (1961), dozens of the bands chart toppers have become eternal anthems of American youth: Surfin’ USA, Surfer Girl, Fun, Fun, Fun, I Get Around, California Girls, Help Me, Rhonda, Barbara Ann, Good Vibrations, Wouldn’t It Be Nice, Rock and Roll Music, and Kokomo.
Selling over 100 million records worldwide, The Beach Boys have received more than 33 RIAA Platinum and Gold record awards.
The Rock And Roll Hall of Famers were also honored at the 2001 Grammy Awards with the Lifetime Achievement Award. With more than five decades of touring under their belts, The Beach Boys have performed more concerts than any major rock band in history.
Sounds Of Summer: The Very Best Of The Beach Boys, Capitol/EMI’s 30-track collection of the band’s biggest hits, has achieved triple-platinum success with sales of more than three million copies in the U.S. since its release.
The Beach Boys are led by Mike Love who, along with longtime member Bruce Johnston, musical director Scott Totten, Brian Eichenberger, Christian Love, Tim Bonhomme, John Cowsill, Keith Hubacher and Randy Leago, continue the legacy of the iconic group. This concert will not feature Brian Wilson, Al Jardine or David Marks.
The Beach Boys perform on Friday, February 21, 2020, at 7:30 p.m. Tickets start at $59.50 will go on sale to the general public on Friday, June 21 at 1:00 pm. The Center is allowing current members or patrons who purchase a membership for the 2019-2020 season to buy Beach Boys tickets now and secure the best seats.
For more information, please call 954-344-5990 or visit the official website at www.TheCenterCS.com.
The state-of-the-art performing arts center is located at 2855 Coral Springs Drive.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.03.28Florida Department of Health Releases COVID-19 Cases by City as of March 28
- News2020.03.27Florida Department of Health Releases COVID-19 Cases by City as of March 27
- News2020.03.27City of Coral Springs on Senior Safety and Tips for Takeout During COVID-19
- News2020.03.27Broward Health Asks Public for Donations and Medical Supplies in Wake of COVID-19