By: Sharon Aron Baron
Deadheads rejoice: The Grateful Dead’s Mickey Hart will be showcasing his artwork in an upcoming exhibition and artist reception in Coral Springs.
From Saturday, March 21 through Saturday, May 16, 2020. Museum visitors will be able to get a first-hand look at the legendary drummer’s works, inspired by the sounds and vibrations of making music.
Julia Andrews, Executive Director of the Coral Springs Museum of Art, said they are thrilled to have Mickey Hart share his inspiration on his music and art.
“We know his fans and art enthusiasts will adore his newest collection, and the opportunity to learn more about his creative and art-making techniques.”
The Wentworth Gallery’s private collection of the legendary drummer’s artwork is inspired by his sonic-driven world and are snapshots into the music he makes.
“Everything has a vibratory and rhythmic fingerprint, a pulsing matrix of frequencies we experience as color, sound, matter, molecules, galaxies, states of consciousness,” said Hart.
Hart believes music and visual art are complementary. The fine art of Mickey Hart combines the two into art that transforms the vibrations of the universe into a powerful and emotional artistic journey.
Hart’s music is more than just vibration, and his art is more than just Expressionism: together, they create these unique and thought-provoking works of art.
Reception with Mickey Hart
Hart will address his fans and art enthusiasts during an Artist Reception and Live Rhythm Experience Performance on March 28 at 6 p.m. at Coral Springs Museum of Art.
The event requires a ticket purchase of $20 per person. Space is limited to standing room only. Check the Museum’s website for details on when tickets will be available for purchase at CSMOAMickeyHart or contact the Coral Springs Museum of Art at 954-340-5000 or email@example.com.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving