By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Girl’s Basketball had a remarkable season but fell a game short of the Regional Finals after their loss against Boca Raton High School.
Despite the game being tied at seven early on, Boca Raton went on a 28-0 run from the end of the first quarter until the final five seconds of the second quarter when the Colts broke the drought.
Even with the game out of reach, the Colts played hard until the final buzzer and outscored Boca Raton 23-19 in the second half.
Coral Springs finished the season 14-9 and won six of their final seven games. They had a memorable run in Districts with their semifinals win over Monarch High School before their upset win over Deerfield Beach for their first District Title in 17 years.
The Colts then went on to defeat Treasure Coast at home in the regional quarterfinals before their loss Tuesday night.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student. Matt also covers the New York Islanders for The Hockey Writer, the New York Mets for Last Word on Baseball and Florida Gators Athletics for ESPN Gainesville.
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Softball Wins 1st Game With Strong Offense
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Girls Soccer Incredible Run Ends at States
- News2021.02.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Boy’s Lacrosse Off to Outstanding 3-1 Start
- News2021.02.27Coral Springs High School Boys Basketball Complete Remarkable Season