By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Girl’s Basketball had a remarkable season but fell a game short of the Regional Finals after their loss against Boca Raton High School.
Despite the game being tied at seven early on, Boca Raton went on a 28-0 run from the end of the first quarter until the final five seconds of the second quarter when the Colts broke the drought.
Even with the game out of reach, the Colts played hard until the final buzzer and outscored Boca Raton 23-19 in the second half.
Coral Springs finished the season 14-9 and won six of their final seven games. They had a memorable run in Districts with their semifinals win over Monarch High School before their upset win over Deerfield Beach for their first District Title in 17 years.
The Colts then went on to defeat Treasure Coast at home in the regional quarterfinals before their loss Tuesday night.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. Originally from Long Island, he moved to Parkland shortly after high school. Along with Parkland Talk, Matt is the lone contributing writer for the New York Islanders with The Hockey Writers. He worked as the Assistant Sports Editor for his school paper, Eagle News.
- News2020.09.08Gavin Conticello: Coral Springs Charter School’s Sensational Senior
- News2020.07.07Coral Springs Resident Coby Mayo Inks Deal with Baltimore Orioles
- News2020.06.17Eric Windell Named Coral Springs Charter Boys Varsity Basketball Coach
- News2020.06.12Coral Springs’ Coby Mayo Drafted by Major League Baseball