By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Girl’s Basketball had a remarkable season but fell a game short of the Regional Finals after their loss against Boca Raton High School.
Despite the game being tied at seven early on, Boca Raton went on a 28-0 run from the end of the first quarter until the final five seconds of the second quarter when the Colts broke the drought.
Even with the game out of reach, the Colts played hard until the final buzzer and outscored Boca Raton 23-19 in the second half.
Coral Springs finished the season 14-9 and won six of their final seven games. They had a memorable run in Districts with their semifinals win over Monarch High School before their upset win over Deerfield Beach for their first District Title in 17 years.
The Colts then went on to defeat Treasure Coast at home in the regional quarterfinals before their loss Tuesday night.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.09Dufresne and Aldajuste Place in Track and Field at States
- News2021.05.08Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas Football Player Drafted by Chicago Bears
- News2021.05.08J.P. Taravella Baseball Wins in Regional Quarterfinals
- News2021.05.07Coral Springs Charter Baseball Pulls Out Stunning Win in Extra Innings to Win 1st Regional Game