By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter Middle School baseball team started their season off strong with a 5-3 win over Westglades Middle.
Kate Maston put together a walk with the bases loaded to score the first run.
Offensively, the Panthers only had three hits, but Chase Wildroudt had a big one with a two-run single. CSC ended up scoring five runs in the first inning after an error and a balk.
Aiden Tarshis made the start for CSC and did not allow a hit, but gave up three runs in 1.1 innings. Wildroudt, Gavin Gargiulo, and Adriel Gonzalez came into pitch and struck out eight batters, allowing two hits in the game.
The Panthers had some off-the-field issues limiting CSC to eight players, but Head Coach Cory Spencer brought up two kids from the development team. He feels like his team is very hungry after playing together for a full season last year.
“The kids all enjoy each other, and we’re building a culture of competition,” Spencer. said. “They’re learning accountability and have started making each other better as a result. “We have plenty to work on, but knowing this team; they’ll be just as ready as I am to get after it.”
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.05.04Coral Glades Football Team Raises Funds To Visit Top College Programs This Summer
- News2021.05.03Alexandra Bruno Makes History Again for Coral Springs Charter Track and Field
- News2021.05.02Coral Glades High School Softball Set to Play in Regionals
- News2021.05.02Coral Springs Charter Baseball Makes Regionals For 1st Time Since 2013