By: Jen Russon
The only Sears department store in Coral Springs and a staple of retail at Coral Square Mall for nearly 40 years, announced it would be closing — along with its automotive center.
Coral Springs resident Susan Liberatore went by the mall last weekend, and the store closing signs were posted all over the doors and windows.
“There are signs near the cash-wrap that indicate all sales are final, and there are no refunds,” said Liberatore.
She added that her friend, an employee at the Sears location, tipped her off the store was closing about two weeks ago.
Store manager, Dipti Desai confirmed the news, declining to comment on the reason for the store closing, but adding that Sears is slated to close its doors permanently in April.
A representative at Sears Holdings, headquartered in Illinois, said the store will remain open until April, but could not confirm the final date.
The retail giant has closed stores around the country this month, but currently maintains its presence in Ft. Lauderdale on the corner of Sunrise Boulevard and North Federal Highway.
- Jen Russon is a freelance writer and English Language Arts teacher. She has published two novels to Amazon Kindle and lives in Coral Springs with her family.
- News2020.09.17Coral Springs Resident Beats Leukemia After Bone Marrow Match
- News2020.09.15Superintendent Runcie Recommends Schools Reopen October 5
- News2020.09.1430 Volunteers Help with ‘Project Sweet New Year’ at Chabad Jewish Center
- News2020.09.01Coral Springs Resident and Gun Shop Owner Says Covid-19 Hit Him Like a Bullet