By: Sharon Aron Baron
Parkland detectives are looking for a man who is accused of burglarizing several cars at the Rising Tide Car Wash.
On February 3, employees at the Parkland car wash located at 7201 N. State Road 7 discovered their cars had just been burglarized and that the man responsible was still walking around the shopping center.
Stephanie Navarro, 22, was surprised to see an unknown man rummaging through the car of her co-worker, Cory Thomas. The thief had just stolen cash and personal items from Thomas’ car and that of his co-worker, Kevin Wolyniec.
The two victims approached the man and demanded that he return the stolen items. At first, the burglar denied having stolen anything but soon turned over a wallet and some of the stolen cash. When the victims went to call the authorities, the suspect fled with the remaining stolen cash still in his pockets. The thief jumped over the shopping center’s wall and disappeared into a residential community.
Surveillance video from a nearby convenience store captured the burglar moments before the crime. Cameras at the car wash also recorded the man as he left the victim’s car and placed the stolen items into his pockets.
Parkland detectives are searching for a white male in his 20s with short brown hair and a brown goatee. He has a stocky frame and a large tattoo on his right arm. He wore a black tank top with a green design of the phrase “#TURNT” on the front, baggy black shorts and a black baseball-style cap.
Anyone with information is asked to contact BSO Detective Todd Christie at 954-509-1453 or anonymously report information to Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for an anonymous tip that leads to an arrest.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.276 Inch Gas Line Rupture on Wiles Road Causing Closures
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway