By Hank McCoy
Tuesday Morning, a popular home decor chain, is closing it’s Turtle Crossing location as part of filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
Business Insider first reported on the list of location closures put forth by the leadership of popular home decor retailer Tuesday Morning. Of its almost 700 stores, approximately 230 will be closing. You can read the complete article from Business Insider here.
CEO Steve Becker explained in a press release that closing store operations for two months had forced the company into a financial situation that can only be addressed through Chapter 11.
Tuesday Morning was hit especially hard due to coronavirus. The company doesn’t have an active e-commerce site to help get the company through the lockdown and was forced to furlough most of its 9,000 employees in March.
The closing of the locations on the list that Tuesday Morning made public will begin to close June 1 and will start with as many as 132 stores in the first phase of closures.
The Tuesday Morning Turtle Crossing location is on the list of closures set for the first phase.
The off-price home goods retailer had built a small empire through its unique business model. Tuesday Morning purchases top name-brand products during closeouts, factory overruns, and department store cancellations and build out their store locations to focus on delivering the best prices available.
Tuesday Morning isn’t the only popular establishment in Coral Springs closing their doors due to COVID. Coral Springs Talk covered salon chain, Hair Cuttery’s closing here.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.02.26Dr. Andrea Pryce Selected as Operations Manager for the Coral Springs Regional Institute of Public Safety
- Crime & Safety2021.02.26Parkland Teen Missing after Disagreement at Home
- News2021.02.25Congress Reintroduce Bipartisan EAGLES Act Mass Violence Prevention Bill
- News2021.02.25Coral Springs Man Becomes a Millionaire After Routine Visit to Grocery Store