By: Sharon Aron Baron
Free tickets will be available to see the internationally acclaimed United States Army Field Band and Soldiers’ Chorus of Washington, DC, when they perform at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts.
The Field Band travels thousands of miles each year throughout the nation and abroad, keeping the will of the American people behind the members of the armed forces and supporting diplomatic efforts around the world. Sixteen students will be selected from local high schools to participate with the band on stage by playing instruments or singing in the chorus.
Since its formation in 1946, the Field Band has performed in all 50 states and in more than 30 countries on four continents.
The performance will be held on Wednesday, October 28 at 7:30 p.m. Free tickets will be available for Coral Springs residents only starting September 28 through October 16. Tickets will be available to the general public from October 17 until the day of the concert.
They can be picked up at the following: City Hall at 9551 W. Sample Road; City Hall in the Mall, 9239 W. Atlantic Blvd.; or the Center for the Arts, 2855 Coral Springs Drive. There is a limit of four tickets per family and persons must present a photo ID when picking up tickets. The concert is open to anyone over the age of 12.
This concert event is co-sponsored by the City of Coral Springs and Friends of Music, Inc. The Center for the Arts is located at 2855 Coral Springs Drive.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving
- News2020.11.16Coral Springs Police and Dispatch Receive National Re-Accreditation