By: Matt Rothman
The Coral Springs Charter baseball team played their second game of the season Tuesday night and earned their first victory in a 14-4 win over Nova High School.
Ryan Vargas made the start and earned the win with four quality innings. Robert Boing tossed the final two while the Panthers’ offense erupted for 14 runs.
Nathan Maestre knocked in five runs while Haiden Walters drove in three. Damian Rodriguez registered a pair of triples and led the team with three hits.
For Head Coach Charlie Fine, he liked the way his team battled and won against a very strong opponent.
“We played the right way tonight. We were aggressive, and I was glad to see them bounce back after our first game,” he said. “That is one of the top teams on our schedule, and I thought our guys came ready to play today.”
CSC has a very young team after losing several players from last year’s squad.
They will have a chance to make it two in a row on Thursday as the Panthers play two games at home against Westminster Academy on Thursday, February 25 at 6:30 p.m. they were suppose to play the following night against Piper, but the game was cancelled due to Piper getting shutdown.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism. He is now attending the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2021.08.01Coral Springs Native Brett Roberts: A Name to Remember
- News2021.07.27J.P. Taravella Pitcher Jack Sinclair Signs First Pro Contract
- News2021.07.27Infielder Gavin Conticello Decides Future After Being Selected in MLB Draft
- News2021.07.27Marjory Stoneman Douglas Aidan Minott Reveals College Decision