By: Matt Rothman
Head Coach Leonard Weaver came to Coral Springs High School with one goal in mind: Change the culture regarding football in Coral Springs.
After a historic junior season when Bouie scored 16 touchdowns and had over 800 all-purpose yards, he shined in 2020 despite his team only playing four games. Bouie added another six touchdowns and had over 600 yards to lead his team to the postseason and their first playoff win in school history. He was also a member of the First Team All-County.
Bouie lives in North Lauderdale and started playing football when he was six-years-old. He felt he got the best opportunity to play at Marshall. Bouie, though, thanks Coach Weaver for helping him develop as a senior.
“My time at Coral Springs High School was very special playing under Coach Weaver,” Bouie said. “I got to learn a lot coming from him on and off the field.”
For Coach Weaver he calls Bouie a special player and one that you want to build your program around.
“He doesn’t talk much but allows his actions to speak louder than his words,” Coach Weaver said. “Bouie will be where he needs to be when called upon, no matter if it’s in class or the field.”
Bouie will bring a ton of versatility to Marshall as he has strong hands, excellent speed, and can play on special teams for a team that won Conference USA last season and participated in Camellia Bowl against the University of Buffalo.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland