By: Sharon Aron Baron
Veteran’s Park will soon be transformed by a team of volunteers thanks to Home Depot.
The park which is used to celebrate Flag Day, Memorial Day, Veterans Day as well as other special events, will get a makeover by Home Depot’s associate-led volunteer force who will work together with the City of Coral Springs.
Projects for the park include removing asphalt and laying brick pavers that members of the community, or friends and family of Veterans will be able to purchase and engrave to memorialize and honor a Veteran, adding new lighting and landscaping the park.
Groundbreaking will begin on Monday, October 13 at 9 a.m. Volunteers will assist with the beautification project from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This effort in The City of Coral Springs is a part of The Home Depot’s fourth annual Celebration of Service campaign, when Team Depot volunteers put their talents to work to transform more than 1,000 homes and facilities for veterans across the country from 9/11 to Veterans Day.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.04.18Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Coral Springs, Tamarac, and Pompano Beach
- Events2021.04.18No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations
- Events2021.04.18Coral Springs Celebrates EarthFest 2021 and Street Clean Up
- Events2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20