Grand Opening celebration planned for Saturday, October 11 with large-scale sampling event
By: Sharon Aron Baron
BJ’s Wholesale Club announced the opening of its newest Florida location at 620 Riverside Drive in Coral Springs. The 86,000 square-foot club offers significant savings on high-quality, brand-name food and general merchandise. The opening of the club is also creating 139 new full and part-time employment positions including 39 filled from local Coral Springs residents.
The grand opening celebration, on Saturday, October 11, will include food and beverage sampling, balloon artists and face painters. Both current Members and the public are invited to visit the new club where BJ’s Team Members (employees) will be available to provide information about membership and regional products. Guests will discover the growing selection of organic and all-natural foods, fresh bakery, full-service deli, propane, gas station, BJ’s Optical® Department and Diamond Wireless/Premium Verizon Wireless Retailer kiosk.
“BJ’s is excited to open in Coral Springs and provide area residents with a convenient location that satisfies all their shopping needs. We look forward to establishing strong relationships within the community and supporting our Adopt-A-School and nonprofit partners.” – Fred Hartman, general manager of BJ’s Wholesale Club in Coral Springs.
The new club has partnered with Atlantic West Elementary School as part of BJ’s Adopt-A-School program. The school will receive a $1,000 donation and $1,500 in school supplies to enhance educational programs and curriculum objectives. BJ’s will also support the following three organizations with donations of $2,500 upon opening
The PS Youth Outreach Center, which strives to assist at-risk youth by working to proactively reduce juvenile delinquency and the mistreatment of our youth. Funding will support its Academic Assistance Program.
Gateway Community Outreach, which aims to safeguard and protect our most vulnerable community members by providing food, housing assistance, referrals, and intensive case management to those in need of emergency aid. The donation will be used to support six food pantries in Broward County.
Feeding South Florida’s mission is to end hunger in South Florida by providing immediate access to nutritious food, leading hunger and poverty advocacy efforts, and transforming lives through innovative programming and education. The nonprofit will also participate in BJ’s Feeding Communities program, which ensures that unsold food from BJ’s Clubs is safely processed and donated to local food banks. To date, BJ’s Clubs have contributed perishable food totaling more than 23 million pounds, which is the equivalent of 18 million meals.
With a focus on serving individual consumers and families, BJ’s places greater emphasis on fulfilling consumer demands for value, selection, brands and convenience:
- Value and Savings – BJ’s accepts all manufacturers’ coupons – including the ones that come in the Sunday newspaper – providing more savings on top of BJ’s everyday low prices. BJ’s Members-only coupons are offered throughout the year as well.
- Variety and Selection – With more than 7,000 products, BJ’s features the largest assortment of food and merchandise in the warehouse club industry.
- Quality and Brands – BJ’s provides high-quality products and top selling national brands in every category as well as locally-grown produce, USDA “Choice” meats and an expanding number of all-natural and certified organic foods.
- The Most Payment Options – For added convenience, BJ’s offers the most payment options of any wholesale club. In addition to cash, checks and debit cards, Members can use their Visa, BJ’s Visa®, MasterCard, American Express or Discover/NOVUS credit cards and EBT to make purchases.
- Convenience – BJ’s is a one-stop shopping destination where Members can pick up everything they need – all under one roof. Club design elements such as aisle markers and wider aisles allow Members to more easily navigate the Club while self -checkout and express lanes save Members time.
Inner Circle® and Business Memberships cost $50 a year. BJ’s Rewards® memberships are also available for $100 a year; enabling Members to earn two percent back on qualifying purchases.
The Coral Springs Club is open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. and Sunday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses