By: Sharon Aron Baron
Residents who missed the 2018 Coral Springs Holiday Parade can view it now, thanks to the city who did a great job making this year’s event such a success.
Last Wednesday, people lined the streets along Sample Road with lawn chairs to catch a view of the annual holiday parade.
The city would like to give a special thanks to Make-A-Wish South Florida, for partnering them in making wishes come true for a critically ill children. In addition to their letter-writing campaign as part of Macy’s Believe Foundation, they also had five-year-old Owen Baylis, a train-lover serve as the parade Grand Marshal. Owen loves trains and led the parade on the Catabella Express. He will be headed west to ride the California Zephyer Train on New Year’s Eve.
On Friday, the city announced this year’s winners:
2018 “The Holiday Express Winners:
- Mayor’s Cup: St. Andrew Catholic School
- Vice Mayor’s Cup: Seminole Nation Indian Princess Program
- Commissioner’s Cup: DANL Dance Studio
- Master of Ceremonies Sponsor – Baptist Health
- Media Partner – Forum Publishing Group
- Event Partner – Winterfest Boat Parade
- Band Sponsors: Al Hendrickson Toyota, BlueStream, Century Badge and Engraving, OffLeaseOnly.com, Sun-Sentinel and Wings Plus.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2019.11.18Cold Case Cracked in 1996 Coral Springs Rape Case
- News2019.11.18Ticket Alert: Peppa Pig’s Adventure! Heading to Coral Springs
- Events2019.11.18Relay for Life Coral Springs/Parkland Hold Kickoff Event November 19
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2