By: Jen Russon
After meetings between administrators, teachers, and student leaders determined virtual graduations were the safest option for high school seniors during COVID-19, a schedule was released for ceremonies for June.
Each graduation will be broadcast on BECON-TV and live-streamed via YouTube between the dates of June 15 and June 28.
“With the education and training you have received, you are well prepared to be successful on whatever path you take,” said Superintendent Robert W. Runcie. “Our goal is to use technology to make your graduation personal and memorable.”
On Friday, Broward County Public Schools published an alphabetical list of when and at what time each virtual graduation will take place. In that communication, students and their families were assured the virtual ceremonies would provide the traditional pomp and circumstance.
The ceremonies are set to include speeches by student representatives, school board members, district and school administrators, as well as feature a roll call of graduates and other commencement ceremony traditions.
Graduates and parents will receive cap and gown information and specific graduation plans from their respective schools.
Virtual Ceremony Schedule for Coral Springs/Parkland high schools:
Coral Glades High School
Thursday, June 18, 2020, at 7 p.m.
Coral Springs High School
Monday, June 22, 2020, at 7 p.m.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
Monday, June 15, 2020, at 7 p.m.
J.P. Taravella High School
Wednesday, June 24, 2020, at 7 p.m
Got News? Send it to Coral Springs Talk Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- Events2021.06.21Senior Activist Recognized by the City at 100th Birthday Party
- Events2021.06.09Next Stop Broadway Has Session 2 Summer Slots Still Available
- Events2021.06.03Coral Springs Museum of Art Debuts Mix and Mingle ‘Happy Hour’ Nights
- News2021.06.01Coral Springs Center of the Arts Director’s Son Battles Rare Form of Liver Cancer