By: Jen Russon
Gyroville, a new Coral Springs restaurant that delayed its grand opening in March because of COVID-19, is finally set to open on May 5 with curbside and pickup service.
Offering a modern twist on traditional Greek cuisine, restaurant owners Irving and Maria Rodriguez said they are excited to provide customers with a build-your-own plate menu that focuses on fresh, healthy ingredients.
Gyroville, a Fort. Lauderdale based chain, lets customers choose between six sauces made fresh daily, including the original tzatziki, hummus, spicy feta or one of Gyroville’s variations of original tzatziki; Medichurri Salsa or jalapeño spinach.
The couple is retired from NYPD, now live in Kensington Glen, and remember working during the 9/11 terrorist attacks. They said they have a special place in their hearts for law enforcement and emergency responders.
The Rodriguez’s said first responders would be getting a free gyro on opening day and a 25 percent discount every time they patronize Gyroville; however, the couple is deeply appreciative of all customers, especially during a global pandemic.
“We will be there to personally welcome every customer who comes to visit us,” said Maria.
She added that safety protocols are in place to protect both customers and staff.
Customers will enjoy various protein choices, including gyro meat, chicken, or falafel, as a vegetarian option, either from the grill or vertical spit, served in a pita, over rice, as a wrap or a salad. The health-minded will love adding freshly chopped romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, onions, and many savory condiments to their online orders.
Gyroville is located at 1750 N University Drive in the 17 Fifty shopping plaza and open Tuesday through Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m., and from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Got News? Send it to Coral Springs Talk Here.
- Jen Russon has been a staff writer for Talk Media since 2018. She is also a novelist, copywriter and editor at Swallow Publishing, LLC.
- News2021.10.21‘Girl Scouts Lead the Way’ Luncheon Raises More than $58,000 for Southeast Florida Troops
- Events2021.10.20Children’s Book Author in Coral Springs Publishes Best-Selling Halloween Tale
- News2021.10.19City Celebrates Emergency Nurses Day at Broward Health Coral Springs
- Events2021.10.12New ‘Witchy Wares’ Gift Shop in Coral Springs Offers Classes Including Tarot Readings