By Kevin Deutsch
Vote-by-mail ballot requests are being sent to more than 300,000 registered voters across Broward County Thursday in advance of the Aug. 23 primaries, county election officials said.
In an announcement Wednesday, Broward County Supervisor of Elections Joe Scott reminded voters they are required to sign their Vote-by-Mail Ballot Voter Certificate Envelope and mail it back to the supervisor’s office to receive an actual ballot.
Voters who want to vote by mail must request their ballot no later than Aug. 13, 2022. The ballots will have pre-paid postage on their return envelopes, election officials said.
Voters returning a Vote-by-Mail ballot should provide as much time as possible for USPS to deliver them since ballots must be received—not postmarked—by 7 p.m. on Aug. 23, according to the statement.
“There will be many secure ballot boxes available starting Jul. 25 for voters to deliver their ballots to the Supervisor of Elections,” the announcement states.
Most Broward County cities are holding elections this year. Here are some important dates and information for the Aug. 23 Primary Election:
– New voters must be registered by Monday, Jul. 25, 2022
– Party changes must be completed by Monday, Jul. 25, 2022
– Early voting will be available from Aug. 13–Aug. 21, 2022, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
– Election Day is Tuesday, Aug. 23, 2022, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
For more information on registering to vote, requesting a Vote-by-Mail ballot, or updating voter status, visit www.browardvotes.gov.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.08.09Family to Hold Fundraiser For Paralyzed First Responder From Coral Springs
- News2022.08.07Coral Springs Crime Update: Theft at Barnes & Noble and Burglary of Honda Dealership
- News2022.08.05Ex-Coral Springs Mayor Imprisoned For Child Molestation Has Died
- Crime & Safety2022.08.04‘Selfless Service’: Retired Coral Springs Police K-9 Dies