By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Washington Post recently listed their most challenging high school list and over 360 Florida Schools were listed. Coral Springs Charter School along with Fort Lauderdale high School were the only two Broward Schools to crack the top 100.
Although there are over 22,000 public high schools in the United States, only 11 percent made the cut. The list does not include private schools also, magnet and charter schools with SAT and ACT scores higher than the national average were not included.
The Washington Post totaled the number of Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and Advanced International Certificate of Education test taken at each school and divided that number by the number of graduating seniors. Find out how they compiled the rankings.
The following are schools in the Broward County area including Coral Springs schools that made the list.
35 Fort Lauderdale High
83 Coral Springs Charter School
129 Cypress Bay
174 McFatter Technical
264 Pompano Beach High
342 Marjory Stoneman Douglas
530 Somerset Conservatory
787 Deerfield Beach High
942 International School of Broward
947 Boyd Anderson
1008 Somerset Academy
1072 Atlantic Technical
1114 South Plantation
1117 Pembroke Pines Charter
1148 West Broward
1300 JP Taravella
1374 Coral Glades
1431 Cooper City High
1909 Coral Springs High
1950 South Broward
2017 North East
2167 Hollywood Hills
See the full list here High School Challenge
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.30Coral Springs Center for the Arts Announces 11 Concerts, Comedy, and Shows
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts