In what could be the sickest, most heinous crime, a Coral Springs man is charged after police said he had sex with the family dog and then killed it.
Michael Haimes, 29, was charged on two counts Tuesday at his home in Whispering Woods on the 5300 block of East Leitner Drive in Coral Springs, said police.
On Tuesday, police were at the scene of Haimes home due to a “Mental Illness” call when they observed the odor of decomposition.
An officer discovered a leash during a search of the nearby wooded area south of the house. Upon further inspection, he discovered a blue retractable leash and the body of a white furry animal which he identified as a dog.
Haimes, unemployed, and living in the area for 23 years was interviewed and admitted that he had sodomized the dog. Upon discovering it bleeding afterwards was fearful he would get caught so he then took the dog outside where he repeatedly stabbed it, cut its throat and threw it in the bushes, according to the police affidavit.
Broward County Judge John Hurley set Haimes bond at $100,000 and ordered him to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, wear an ankle monitor and not have contact with animals.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.09.22MD NOW in Coral Springs Now Offering Free Flu Shots
- News2020.09.205 Cases of Child Abuse Reported this Week in Coral Springs Crime
- News2020.09.19Vice Mayor Joy Carter Appointed to Serve on Florida League of Cities Legislative Policy Committee
- News2020.09.18Coral Springs Employer Awards Grants to 2 Minority-Owned Businesses