In what could be the sickest, most heinous crime, a Coral Springs man is charged after police said he had sex with the family dog and then killed it.
Michael Haimes, 29, was charged on two counts Tuesday at his home in Whispering Woods on the 5300 block of East Leitner Drive in Coral Springs, said police.
On Tuesday, police were at the scene of Haimes home due to a “Mental Illness” call when they observed the odor of decomposition.
An officer discovered a leash during a search of the nearby wooded area south of the house. Upon further inspection, he discovered a blue retractable leash and the body of a white furry animal which he identified as a dog.
Haimes, unemployed, and living in the area for 23 years was interviewed and admitted that he had sodomized the dog. Upon discovering it bleeding afterwards was fearful he would get caught so he then took the dog outside where he repeatedly stabbed it, cut its throat and threw it in the bushes, according to the police affidavit.
Broward County Judge John Hurley set Haimes bond at $100,000 and ordered him to undergo a psychiatric evaluation, wear an ankle monitor and not have contact with animals.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- Events2021.06.15Construction Alert: Riverside Drive Street Upgrades Begin June 21
- Events2021.06.14TICKET ALERT: Comedian Whitney Cummings Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts