By Sharon Aron Baron
Whitney Cummings hailed as “the reigning queen of American stand-up,” is bringing her Touch Me comedy tour to The Coral Springs Center for the Arts Friday, November 12.
The fall leg of the tour will span more than 25 cities and will feature Cummings’ signature take on the current culture and the return to touring after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Touch Me is a play on Cummings most recent Netflix special, Can I Touch It, and will destigmatize and celebrate the importance of being together again after over 14 months of isolation.
Over the past few months, while larger theaters have been closed due to COVID-19 restrictions, Whitney has been touring the United States, workshopping her new material in smaller rooms preparing for her massive Touch Me theatre tour. Cummings engages with her audience during these creative workshopping sessions through her stand-up and physical touch- hugs, dancing, playful antics, etc.
As the most prominent female voice in stand-up comedy, the Touch Me tour will be a big ole’ party and celebration of LIFE! The material is deeply personal, reflecting on the changes the pandemic brought to her life and her observations of today’s society.
“Over the past year, I’ve had a lot of time to drink but also to work on ways to connect with comedy fans through my podcast and social media, and even though we’ve all been so far away from each other, I feel closer than ever to the people who follow me. I went from putting out a well-polished hour comedy special every couple of years to sharing my personal life daily and, frankly, secrets I shouldn’t even tell my therapist. I can’t wait to get back in venues with comedy fans and get every other disease besides Covid,” said Cummings.
The show is Friday, Nov. 12 at 8:30 p.m. Ticket Prices for Whitney Cummings start at $42. Call the Box Office at 954-344-5990 or by them online at www.TheCenterCS.com.
The Coral Springs Center for the Arts is located at 2855 Coral Springs Drive.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2021.12.05Pets of the Week: Curtis and Gin Are Seeking their Forever Families
- News2021.12.02Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Chaplain Awarded 2021 ‘Chaplain of the Year’
- Events2021.12.01Nominate a Coral Springs Business for a 2022 Excellence Awards
- Events2021.12.01Literary Guest Speakers Announced for 2022 Coral Springs Festival of the Arts