By: Sharon Aron Baron
On Tuesday night, Katie McLamore, 19, of Coral Springs died after losing control of her car after leaving work.
McLamore, a 2012 graduate of Coral Glades High School was leaving work at Whole Foods in Plantation and traveling north on University drive near NW 5th Street in Plantation. According to the Sun Sentinel, she had been wearing a seat belt and the Plantation Police said there were no indications of extremely high speeds or alcohol. She had apparently had just left work and had lost control of the car.
Please, God, Say it isn’t true. Not, Katie McLamore, one of my babies. As her middle school language arts teacher, I will never forget her innocence, her dedication, her intelligence, her creativity, her talent, her passion, her love for life, and her respect for herself. I pray for Katie’s family and friends that God may find a way to comfort us and bring peace. With much love and a heavy heart.” – Teacher Kristen Mahrer on McLamore’s Facebook page
According to police, McLamore died on impact after her Saturn crossed over University Drive into the southbound lanes and struck several trees and rolled over. No funeral arrangements have been made yet.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- News2020.11.26City Distributes 350 Thanksgiving Turkeys to Coral Springs Residents in Need
- News2020.11.23Coral Springs Holiday Parade Becomes a Drive-Thru Experience
- News2020.11.20MLK Committee Hosts Inaugural Virtual Art Contest for K-12 Students
- News2020.11.20Feeding South Florida to Host Thanksgiving Food Distributions in Days Leading Up to Thanksgiving