By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Charter High School Principal was arrested on Wednesday on a rape charge for an October assault on a female employee according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
Peter Nicholson, 55, of Coral Springs was charged with one count of sexual assault. Nicholson and the employee of Flagler High School were both at the school around 1 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 26 when he approached her and made advances. She told him repeatedly to stop, but he forcibly pulled her pants down and had sex with her against her will. Nicholson later apologized to the victim for abusing his authority. He did not speak to BSO detectives.
The victim reported the crime to deputies on Feb. 21, months after the Oct. 26 incident. The victim said she had been afraid she would lose her job if she tried to fight Nicholson and if she reported the rape. Experts say that, for a variety of reasons, it is common for victims of sexual violence to delay reporting or never to report such crimes to law enforcement.
Anyone with additional information is asked to contact BSO Special Victims Unit Det. Joe Ventura at 954-321-4240.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Crime & Safety2022.01.276 Inch Gas Line Rupture on Wiles Road Causing Closures
- News2022.01.25Florida Press Club Awards Talk Media for Online and Community News
- Events2022.01.25Free Concerts Are Back at ‘The Walk’ on Wednesday’s in Coral Springs
- News2022.01.17Celebrating 10 Years: Winner’s Name Drawn for $150 Gift Card Giveaway