By Ryan Yousefi
An Oakland Park man has passed away after a deadly rollover crash on the Sawgrass Expressway this morning involving a Coral Springs resident.
According to a report released by Florida Highway Patrol Lt. Yanko Reyes, on Monday morning a 55-year-old male Oakland Park resident was pronounced dead at the scene after a crash involving a 29-year-old man from Coral Springs.
Following the crash, lanes were closed between Atlantic and Commercial boulevards pending an investigation of the incident. Local news helicopters showed debris scattered on the road as Sunrise Fire Rescue crews arrived at the scene.
The crash report says both vehicles were traveling northbound on Sawgrass Expressway approaching the Commercial Blvd exit ramp when, for unknown reasons, the Oakland Park mans’ vehicle crossed the grass median, sped through three traffic lanes, and eventually rolled onto its side, striking the Coral Springs mans’ vehicle.
The Oakland Park man then struck a guardrail and was ejected from his car. According to FHP, he succumbed to his injuries at the scene. There was no information available as to the injuries sustained by the Coral Springs resident.
According to the Florida Highway Patrol, this case is still pending further investigation. A cause of the crash has not yet been determined.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 News Site Here.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2020.12.02Coral Springs Covid-19 Cases Continue to Rise Through December 2
- News2020.11.30Coral Springs Covid-19 Cases Continue to Rise Through November 29
- News2020.11.27Coral Springs Man Arrested For Sexually Assaulting Homeless Woman
- News2020.11.27Coral Springs Covid-19 Cases Continue to Rise Through November 26