By: Sharon Aron Baron
18 Year-old Dakota Kiernan was arrested for Monday’s burglary and vandalism in the Coral Springs Center of the Arts. Police said Kiernan was linked to the crime by fingerprints found on a can of spray paint. Another suspect was also involved.
Inside a classroom corridor several walls had been vandalized with spray-painted vulgarities including “fuck police” “fuck suburban kidz” “fuck snitches” and “kill fags.”
Inside a stage/classroom area, audio equipment had been intentionally damaged and a pile of feces was left on the floor.
Snack stands were ransacked refrigeration units were forcefully entered. Twelve fire extinguishers had been removed from their locked wall-mounted cases. Two defibrillator united had been removed and flat screen televisions had been removed from their wall mounts.
According to the report, on Thursday, Kiernan voluntarily came to Coral Springs Police Department with his father James and stated that the last time that he was at the facility was in 2012 to do volunteer work and to see a show. He was then read his miranda rights and was confronted with evidence from the case which included surveillance footage. He denied having any involvement in the matter and was booked and transported to BSO. His bond was set at $28,000.
Police are still searching for a second suspect.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.06.22Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event
- Events2021.06.22Ticket Alert: Comedian Steven Wright Performs at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.06.18Volunteers Needed for Coral Springs Drive Clean-Up Day June 26
- News2021.06.18Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older