By: Chris Brunner
As Thanksgiving approaches, the City of Coral Springs is asking the community to help donate items for Thanksgiving baskets given to families in need.
The City’s 26th annual THANKSforGIVING event relies on community help to donate items for Thanksgiving baskets given to families in need. Residents and business owners are asked to give to this worthy cause as the Thanksgiving holiday approaches.
Since 1988, volunteers have made 4,844 baskets for local families and collected over $106,207. Needed non-perishable items include: canned yams, mashed or flaked potatoes, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, canned corn and green beans, canned fruit, and cookies. People may also give monetary contributions to the cause.
Donations can be dropped off at: City Hall 9551 W. Sample Road; City Hall in the Mall, 9239 W. Atlantic Blvd or the Coral Springs Gymnasium, 2501 Coral Springs Drive.
All donations must be made by Friday, November 7.
All donated items are placed in baskets, along with a gift certificate for a turkey, ham or main dish, and distributed through local religious institutions to pre-selected families. For more information, call 954-345-2211 or 954-346-1746.
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.07.21TICKET ALERT: ‘Menopause The Musical’ Heads to the Coral Springs Center For The Arts
- Events2021.07.19TICKET ALERT: Coral Springs International Dinner Dance Celebrates the USA
- Events2021.07.13Ticket Alert: The Ultimate QUEEN Celebration Heads to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Events2021.07.12Coral Springs Festival of the Arts Accepting Artist Submissions for 2022 Event