By: Matt Rothman
Andre Barnes now makes it 10 players from the Coral Glades 2020 football team who will be continuing their athletic career in college at Monmouth College.
He was a member of the Jaguars for two seasons, playing linebacker, and helped contribute to six wins over two seasons and their first trip to the postseason in school history.
“This team really molded me to be a better person on and off the field,” Barnes said. “I felt welcomed and was able to help our team as well as doubt all the hate and haters we had coming into the season.”
Barnes has seven tackles in 2019 and established himself both on and off the field during his senior year. He currently has a 4.4 GPA and will graduate in May.
“I’m real proud of Andre as he makes it ten players we have from our senior group commit,” said Head Coach Cam Thomas. “I am real happy for his family as well as the Coral Glades family we have built.”
Barnes says what really caught his attention was the winning mentality that the program has and feels like he can significantly impact them when he arrives.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024Former Coral Springs Charter Pitcher Brianna Godfrey Nearly Perfect in Debut With Maryland