Photos by Aiden Palmer
By Kevin Deutsch
A burglar set fire to a Coral Springs home before escaping the burning property with stolen property, authorities said Saturday.
The arson happened at the house in the 8400 block of Northwest 39th Court on March 22 around 5:30 p.m.
Coral Springs-Parkland Fire Department firefighters extinguished the blaze, and investigators grew increasingly suspicious about the fire’s origins.
According to Coral Springs Police Department Officer Chris Swinson, a department spokesman, the unidentified residential burglar set the fire before fleeing the home. No surveillance footage has been found, and police currently have no information about the suspect.
It was unclear Saturday what property the burglar stole from the home.
Anyone with information about the arson is asked to call Coral Springs Police at 954-344-1800.
Send to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & Safety2022.05.24Man Responsible For Deadly Crime Spree Claimed He Had Bomb, Asked Police to Shoot Him, Records Show
- News2022.05.23Broward County Pandemic Rent Relief Program Expands With New Funding
- News2022.05.23Coral Springs Crime Update: $1.2 Million Fraud Reported By Victim
- News2022.05.22Coral Springs Company To Pay $3.15 Million To Settle Medicare Fraud Case