By Matt Rothman
The state’s number one ranked travel basketball team from Coral Springs finished their season off with another championship in the MJM Back to School Jamfest.
The Bad Girls won their final tournament 56-45 over Future Now. McKenzie Topkins had a tremendous tournament and was never better than in the semifinals when she scored 20 points.
In the final, Cynthia Pierre Louis, who just returned after a torn ACL, sparked them with two big three-pointers, along with Madisun Hill. Jourdin Gayle and Ermani Lewis sealed the win with their play at the end of the game. They were also strong on the boards, leading the Bad Girls to their 14th Championship of the season.
Next, the girls will head back to their local high schools to play varsity basketball before starting back up again in March against a very competitive schedule.
Send Your News to Coral Springs #1 Award-Winning News Site Here.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsMarch 1, 2024Rivalry Matchups Highlight Eventful Week of Athletics in Coral Springs
- NewsFebruary 22, 20245 Coral Springs Teams Compete in Regionals; Bowlers Compete in BCAA Tournament
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Glades Football Adds New Offensive Coordinator
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Coral Springs Athletes Shine in Wrestling Tournaments and Lacrosse Matches