By Ryan Yousefi
Broward County Public Schools is gearing up to welcome father figures in joining them for a day celebrating the importance of supporting children in the classroom.
Dads Take Your Child to School Day is held on Thursday, September 21, as part of the Florida Department of Education’s statewide initiative to promote father involvement in their children’s education.
Dads Take Your Child to School Day is an annual event encouraging fathers and father figures to participate in their children’s schooling actively. The school system has emphasized that a significant positive impact is had on their children’s academic performance and overall development when a father figure is present.
“This initiative highlights the significant difference dads can make when involved in their children’s education, ”Superintendent Dr. Peter B. Licata said in an event announcement. “As a lifelong educator, I have seen first-hand the positive impact and vital roles fathers play in shaping their children’s lives and futures.”
Research has consistently shown that when fathers take a more active role in their children’s education, students tend to excel academically, exhibit fewer discipline problems, and grow into more responsible and well-rounded individuals.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiple outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor’s Degree and a Master’s Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- Crime & SafetyOctober 1, 2023Coral Springs Man Accused of Forcibly Undressing and Assaulting Girlfriend
- Crime & SafetySeptember 30, 2023‘I’m Going to Kill You’: Man Arrested After Breaking Down Woman’s Bedroom Door With Hammer
- Crime & SafetySeptember 29, 2023Coral Springs Woman Arrested in $11 Million Insurance Fraud Scandal
- EventsSeptember 29, 2023Register Now for the Chamber’s ‘Dancing Through the Decades’ Gala