By: Sharon Aron Baron
Broward Health Foundation has launched a COVID-19 Relief Fund to help provide necessary medical supplies and personal protective equipment for the safety and well-being of frontline Broward Health caregivers and patients.
The Foundation is specifically asking for N95 and surgical masks, face shields, gloves, and isolation gowns.
“Our caregivers have a passion for caring,” said Bill Diggs, president, Broward Health Foundation, “and now we’re asking the public to show their passion for caring for them. During this global health crisis, we need our community to help us secure the medical supplies that caregivers need to care for patients suffering from COVID-19 safely.”
The Foundation is also requesting iPads so patients can communicate with loved ones.
The Broward Health Foundation is the fundraising arm of Broward Health, one of the ten largest public healthcare systems in the nation — which includes Broward Health Coral Springs.
Monetary and supply donations to the COVID-19 Relief Fund will help provide personal protective equipment to caregivers, and support emerging COVID-19 needs.
“Gifts of all sizes are welcome,” Diggs said, “and will make a tremendous difference as we unite to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Monetary gifts can be made online at BrowardHealthFoundation.org by phone at 954-712-3980 or by mail accompanied by the donation form available on the Foundation’s website. The Foundation is also accepting donations of personal protective equipment. For more information about in-kind gifts, call 954-712-3980 or email BHFoundation@browardhealth.org
- Editor of Talk Media and writer for Coral Springs Talk. CST was created in 2012 to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Coral Springs and the rest of South Florida.
- Events2021.10.22Tickets Still Available for Comedian Whitney Cummings Nov. 12
- Events2021.10.21Tickets Still Available for ‘The Price is Right Live’ in Coral Springs Oct. 29
- News2021.10.19Volunteers Needed to Assist Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.10.14Coral Springs ‘Taps’ into Bavarian Culture with Amazing Oktoberfest Celebration